Digital Natives, Digital Immigrants

For this weeks discussion post I will be talking about Marc Prensky's article Digital Natives, Digital Immigrants. According to Prensky, A digital immigrant is someone who did not grow up with technology and had to learn it later on in life. The digital native is someone who did grow up with technology. How Prensky develops this divide to readers is by talking about the educational benefits and conflicts one has as being a digital native. He describes in his article that there has been a misscomunication between teaching and learning styles to present day learners.
I feel like I fall under the native learner. I grew up with computer classes in school, using my cell phone to take kahoot quizez, seeing the transition from white boards to smart boards, having chrome books in class, and now I am recieving a college education online. I honestly do prefer classes in person but the succession and development of technology has advanced my educational career in a number of ways and I am grateful to be versitile. On the other hand I beleive that as time goes on and new technologies develop, we will be considered the digital immigrants. Picture source: https://www.istockphoto.com/vector/communication-technology-concept-people-texting-planning-scheduling-calendar-tasks-gm1331534012-414645505

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online arguments

Social Semiotics

The Battle for Public Opinion