Knapp’s Relational Model

The relationship I am going to be highlighting is with my boyfriend Manuel. We have been together a little over 3 years but how we met is definetley an story. On the topic of initation, we had actually matched on an online daiting app. Although, we matched we never really talked from that point on. I had him added on to my snapchat and every once and awhile, we would message eachother about events going on in our lives. While nothing really came from that initially, me and a few of my friends had decided we wanted to go to this latin music festival in Rosarito, Mexico. While we were at the festival, I had continuously noticed this guy that I thought was cute, but none the less, my communication efforts failed me because I was way to nervous to go up to him.
That day of the festival had ended and we headed back to our Air BnB. I was on my snapchat just casually looking on there, seeing what my friends were up to and then the same guy that I noticed at th festival popped up. In my head I thought "no way!" and I got up and showed my friends. Guess what- I still didn't say anything. Until the next morning he had messaged me first asking if I had wanted to hang out. We ended up going on our first date and he told me he was going to be leaving to NJ because he had finished up his term in the Marines. I wasn't too sure if I wanted to continue talking to him because he was leaving but we ended up talking on the phone, facetiming, texting, etc. daily. We had eventually decided that we wanted something more serious so he ended up flying back to California and then he had officially asked me to be his girlfriend. From that point, we were long distance for about a year and a half. I suppose a large portion was through communicating online, and while it was nice to talk on the phone, nothing truly beats in person communication. I am also grateful for online communication, because in reality, we wouldn't be together without it. From communicating our first date to falling asleep on the phone together, I'm glad I got to experience what a long distance relationship is like, because it definetly made our relationship stronger. Picture sources: https://images.app.goo.gl/ghq8tnxkx1DZRmiv8 https://images.app.goo.gl/Xt4p5eSEtFtzoVhE6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Online arguments

Social Semiotics

The Battle for Public Opinion